Which pathway is offered?
Healthcare Therapeutic—This pathway prepares students to diagnose and treat acute, episodic, or chronic illnesses independently or as part of a healthcare team; provide treatment and counsel to patients; and help build or restore daily living skills to people with disabilities or developmental delays.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA)
- Medical Assistant
- Patient Care Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample salaries include:
- Medical Assistant—$34,800/year
- Pharmacy Technician—$33,950/year
- Nursing Assistant—$29,640/year
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 10, 2020.
Which industry-recognized certification exams can my student prepare for?
- Certified Medical Assistant certification
- Certified Nurse Aide certification
- Certified Pharmacy Technician certification
- Patient Care Technician certification