Which pathway is offered?
Education and Training—This pathway prepares students for careers related to teaching, instruction, and creation of instructional and enrichment materials.
Family and Consumer Science—This pathway prepares students for careers in social services including child and human development and consumer sciences. Career paths can include social work or therapy for children, families, or school communities.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Childcare Worker
- Elementary School Teacher
- Social Worker
- Special Education Teacher
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample salaries include:
- Childcare Worker—$25,460/year
- Elementary School Teacher—$60,660/year
- Social Worker—$51,760/year
- Special Education Teacher—$61,420/year
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 9, 2021.
Which industry-recognized certification exams can my student prepare for?
- Community Health Worker certification
- Educational Aide I certification