Testing and Assessment FAQs
What tests are required as part of the program?
Students who are enrolled in d are required to take the following tests:
- Stride K12 lesson assessments
- Stride K12 unit assessments
- State of Texas Assessment of Academic Readiness (STAAR)—Grades 3–8
- End of Course Exam (EOC)—High School
- Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills (TAKS)—any student who started high school prior to the 2010–2011 school year
- Math and literacy benchmark testing
Will my child have to participate in state testing?
Families enrolling at TOPS must be willing to participate in all required areas of the program.